Hybrid bikes are the top choice for most riders these days because of the range of rides, comfort and efficiency they provide.
The Diamondback Edgewood is one of the top hybrid bicycles for men that combine the contact point features of a comfort bike for greater comfort and 700c wheels of a road bike for reduced rolling resistance and increased efficiency. These combined features coupled with the butted 6061-T6 Aluminum Sport hybrid geometry frame make this bike extremely easy to maneuver and a great possession for any rider who plans to take it on the streets, for short commutes around town and some lite recreational riding on trails.
More efficient than a comfort bike, more comfortable than a road bike and more accurate than a mountain bike, the Diamondback Edgewood is definitely recommended for casual riders.
Diamondback 2014 Edgewood
Quick Characteristics of the Edgewood
- Butted 6061-T6 aluminum hybrid frame
- Sport Comfort 63mm suspension fork
- DB Deluxe double density hybrid saddle
- Comfy cockpit
- 700c smoother rolling tires
- SSW700 Double Tunnel Alloy rims
- Shimano drivetrain with 7 speed EZ fire shifters
View the entire feature list from Amazon.com. Next we look at some features that truly make the Diamondback Edgewood one of the best out there:
Aluminum hybrid frame
The butted aluminum sport hybrid geometry frame is the heart of this long lasting and sturdy bike. The frame is lightweight giving you more efficiency while built with high quality components that ensure the bike will stay in your possession for a long time to come. Coupled with a comfy cockpit that allows precise steering and DB Deluxe hybrid saddle, the bike offers the perfect upright riding position that will be comfortable even on long distances.
700c smooth rolling tires
700c smooth rolling tires give you an efficiency that is very close to a road bike while the SSW700 Double Tunnel alloy rims give you durably built wheels that will last for days.
Sport Comfort hybrid suspension fork
For a smoother and a more stable ride, the bike features a Sport Comfort 63mm hybrid suspension fork that will smooth out small bumps and obstacles on the way and even allow you to go for recreational riding on lite bike trails. Plus, the suspension seat post further absorbs the impact from bumps along the way and smoothens out the ride.
7 speed drivetrain with Trigger Shifters
The bike boasts 3 gear ranges with 7 speed Shimano drivetrain and Easy Fire Trigger shifters that make it suitable for all kinds of routes you choose to take. You won’t need to get off and push your bike up a hill; it will go smoothly over hills, light bike trails, and streets. Easy Fire Trigger shifters make this bike a smooth rolling and smooth shifting machine you will love to ride. Complete with linear pull brakes that work flawlessly, the Diamondback Edgewood offers you utmost control and a comfortable ride.
A wide range of sizes
The Diamondback Edgewood caters to a wide market by offering 4 sizes, 13”S, 17”M, 19”L and 21”XL. So no matter what your height and build is, you can always find the size that will fit you perfectly. Their official website offers a fit calculator to help you determine the right size for you.
Reviews from Amazon
The Diamondback Edgewood has won the Best of Best award at Amazon by being at the #1 position in Amazon’s top rated hybrid bikes. The quality and performance overall has been satisfactory and users have given it a high rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars with 23 customer ratings to date. Most users love it for its:
- Light weight
- Smooth ride
- Easy assembly
Here are some things users particularly love about this bike:
- The frame geometry gives the perfect upright riding position that is very comfortable even on longer distances.
- It is very easy to assemble; only the front wheels and handlebars need to be installed.
- It has nice and comfy grips and is very easy to maneuver.
- Gear ratios are great, allowing you to climb hills, go fast on paved roads and even ride on light bike trails.
- Although big and strong, it’s quite light, which means it glides smoothly.
- Brakes work pretty well.
- 700c wheels roll over smoothly and faster than expected.
- The gears shift smoothly and perform flawlessly.
Cons of Diamondback Edgewood Hybrid Bicycle
- It doesn’t include a kickstand; however, you can buy it separately and easily install it in minutes.
- There are no assembly tools included; however, assembly is quite easy and simple and doesn’t require more than some basic tools. However, with the lack of an instruction manual as well, you will likely have to take it to a local bike shop to get it fixed, which means additional money.
- The bike has low end tires that easily puncture and lose air pressure. A recommendation would be to get tire replacements. That will cost additional money again.
- The shocks are good for small bumps on paved roads but they are quite weak for rough roads. So, this is not a bike you should be looking for if you are planning to ride off-roads.
Overall, the Diamondback Edgewood is recommended for all casual riders who plan to ride in their neighborhood, around town and on streets. This is a bike made for paved roads. Although it includes suspension forks that can absorb the impact from bumps, they are too weak to go on rough terrains. So, if you need a bike to commute around town, this is the best money can buy.
With lightweight frames, comfortable riding position, 700c smooth rolling tires and 7 speed drivetrain, this bike will perform flawlessly during your short commutes around town.