Schwinn is synonymous with quality and high performance. The Schwinn Men’s Network Hybrid Bike is the perfect bike for any man who wants to enjoy utmost comfort with a flawless upright riding position, efficiency as close as a road bike, and stability like a mountain bike, which make it perfect for cruising the neighborhood, commuting around town, riding on bike paths, or just going for a leisurely ride.
With a large gearing range and an option to take it both on and off roads, the Schwinn Men’s Network is no doubt the best purchase you will make this season. This has all the features a casual rider would want in his hybrid bike. Priced in the low end range but performance close to a high end bike, this one is surely worth more than it costs.
Quick Network 3.0 Feature list
- Schwinn aluminum hybrid frame
- Schwinn suspension fork
- Padded saddle with suspension seat post
- Light weight alloy rims with quick release front wheel
- Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur with Shimano Easy Fire Trigger shifters
- Sweptback handle-bars for perfect upright riding position
You can view the full feature list from Amazon. The Schwinn Men’s Network comes loaded with features that truly make it one of the best performing bikes out there at this price range. The next parts of our review look at this features in more depth.
Aluminum hybrid frame
If you have done bike shopping before, you would know that almost none of the bikes available in the market are made of pure aluminum. However, Schwinn is not one of them. Made with pure Schwinn aluminum hybrid frame, it provides a great light weight performance while still being tough and strong to last a long time. If durability is what you want, the Schwinn Network will fulfill that need.
The perfect geometry frame is designed to give you a flawless upright riding position. Whether you are going on short distances around town or stretching it far on the road, the Schwinn Men’s Network will always give you the best in comfort. Coupled with the sweptback handlebars and an ultra-comfortable, wide and padded saddle, this bike is truly made for comfort.
Schwinn suspension fork
When the lightweight performance of aluminum frame is coupled with Schwinn suspension fork and suspension seat post, it results in a ride that is not only efficient but also highly stable. The suspension fork will not only absorb shocks and vibrations from bumps on paved roads but can even take you off-roads.
Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur
If you are in love with the Shimano rear derailleurs and Shimano Easy Fire Trigger shifters, you can satisfy yourself with this bike as it comes with a 21 speed Shimano rear derailleur and shifters for an immaculate gear performance. The Shimano rear derailleur will let you go anywhere you want; whether you want to climb hills or go for road racing around town.
Lightweight alloy rims
High quality alloy rims are lightweight and highly durable, meaning you can enjoy smooth rides. The bike also includes a quick release front wheel, making it easy to assemble and replace the wheel anytime without any tools. No more carrying tools around with you.
Linear pull brakes
Linear pull brakes give you the ultimate stopping power, making it suitable for riding in the countryside and for beginners.
Reviews from Amazon
All users who bought the bike loved it for the most part. It has received a rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Users mostly loved it for its quality of ride, smoothness, stability, and the perfect upright riding position.
General problems faced by customers that resulted in a 3.8 rating included problems with the tire, assembly, and size measurements.
Pros of Schwinn Network 3.0 Hybrid
Here are some things you will love about this bike:
1. It comes partially assembled and the only things need to be installed are the handlebars, seat, pedals and front wheel. It also comes with an instruction manual. Plus, the front wheel is a quick release so it doesn’t require any tools to install it.
2. Brakes work well and enable you to stop completely when you need.
3. It is pretty fast on paved roads.
4. It gives the perfect upright riding position.
5. It is made of lightweight aluminum and is great to handle.
6. The suspension shock absorbs vibrations and gives a smoother ride.
7. It comes with several reflectors that make it easy for you to be spotted at night.
8. It includes a rear pin for attaching a rear rack.
Here is what you won’t like about it:
1. You will need to adjust the rear derailleur cable tension. Few users complained about the cable tension not being right which makes it impossible to shift the trigger and renders the third gear unusable. A recommendation would be to take it to a bike shop for adjustments.
2. One user complained about the seat pad not being fully secure and moving left and right.
3. Tires are not very good and they lose air pressure very easily. You will need to replace the tires to enjoy a smooth and hassle free ride.
4. Users mostly complained about the size not being perfectly right for them. So, make sure you take your measurements correctly and order the right size.
5. The color white looks a bit feminine.
The Schwinn Men’s Network is a good buy overall. The price is just right and it comes with advanced features like the suspension fork and Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur that make it a smooth rolling and efficient machine.
Although it comes with few flaws, but none of them are deal breakers and can easily be adjusted. Expect to pay some more dollars at the local bike shop to get it adjusted and it will be as good as it can get.